And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my arms, welcomes me.
Matthew 18:5

VIOLET ELISE XIN JUE CULP
---------------------------------------------------------------
Birth Date: October 20, 2007
Place of Origin: Maoming City, Guangdong Province, China
Given Name: Mao Xin Jue
Meaning of Name:
Mao - the first symbol of Maoming City
Xin - love and heart
Jue - wishing that she is as pretty as the jade

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Crazy 26 Hours Resulting In “YES”

At 9:50am on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 Laura Bussa from Adoption Associates Inc. (AAI), our agency, called and told me that she “thought she had found the perfect girl for us". After numerous referrals you harden yourself and the skepticism is constant, but when I saw her photos and read her medical, I felt a glimmer of hope. Immediately forwarding the emails, her first 5 photos and her medical files to Todd, I called anxiously wanting his gut reaction. His thought was that if all is as it seems he was ready to accept her referral. We downloaded her medical and photos to Dr. Jerri Jenista, who specialized in international adoption medical reviews, eagerly waiting for her comments. Karl flew in that afternoon from another medical residence interview and I called and asked him if he could stop by that evening to give her file a read thru, helping us come up with educated questions to ask Dr. Janista. I remember saying “I think this is the one, but still trying to be cautiously optimistic.” Karl thought it looked straight forward unlike the other referrals we had received but gave us a few questions to ask Dr. Janista. It was a crazy 26 hours. We didn’t get thru to Dr. Janista until 11:30am on Thursday and we needed to let AAI know by noon. After her call I quickly calling Todd explaining that Dr. Janista’s only concerns were that she had a mild anemia and would have to be tested for iron and lead immediately, that a number of surgeries would be needed to repair her cleft palate, but she felt that her cleft lip surgery looked like it was done well. I called Laura and said “YES TO XIN JUE".

No comments:

Post a Comment